We have a strong school ethos that actively promotes British Values that is entwined throughout our curriculum. We take a holistic approach, which allows us to embed British Values throughout the school and actively promote them through our whole school and class assemblies and weekly discussion of Primary Picture News.
A key part of our plan for education is to ensure children become valuable and fully rounded members of society who treat others with respect, in preparation for life in modern Britain.
The four British Values are:
· Rule of Law
· Individual Liberty
· Mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
Children at Yanwath learn:
· An understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process.
· An understanding that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law.
· An acceptance that people having different faiths and beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of discriminatory behaviour.
· An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination.