William Howard School played host to a Dance Festival for Cumbria Education Trust’s Primary Schools on Wednesday. Years 1 and 2 teams from Yanwath, Tebay, Longtown and Yewdale Primary Schools came along to perform their dances for each other. They started with a short warm-up led by WHS Year 9 Sports Leaders, Abbie and Olivia McPherson before taking to the stage. Dinosaurs, jungle life, transport, war and unity were among the varied themes expressed in the dances.
Certificates were awarded to celebrate participation in the event, and the winners of the categories were:
- Best use of Music – Yewdale, Blyton Class
- Spirit of Dance – Yanwath
- Most Creative – Longtown
- Best Interpretation of Theme – Yewdale, Walliams Class
- Best use of Levels, Directions and Dynamics – Tebay
- Best use of Rhythm and Timing – Yewdale, Dahl Class
A big well done to all the children who filled the performance hall with movement, energy and joy!